Windows Azure Active Directory Premium Features
Microsoft Active Directory Premium features for identity and access management when using Windows Azure Active Directory.
Built on top of a large set of free capabilities in Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Active Directory Premium provides a robust set of more advanced features to help empower enterprises with more demanding identity and access management needs. When you subscribe to Azure, you get your choice of the following free and paid editions of Azure AD:
- Active Directory Free – With the Free edition of Azure AD you can manage user accounts, synchronize with on-premises directories, get single sign on across Azure, Office 365 and thousands of popular SaaS applications like Salesforce, Workday, Concur, DocuSign, Google Apps, Box, ServiceNow, Dropbox, and more.
- Active Directory Premium – With the Premium edition of Azure AD you get all of the capabilities that Free has to offer, plus feature-rich Enterprise-level identity management capabilities explained below.
Azure Active Directory Premium Features
Active Active Directory Premium edition is a paid offering of Azure AD and includes the following features:
- Company branding – To make the end user experience even better, you can add your company logo and color schemes to your organization’s Sign In and Access Panel pages. Once you’ve added your logo, you also have the option to add localized versions of the logo for different languages and locales.
- Group-based application access – Use groups to provision users and assign user access in bulk to over 1200 SaaS applications. These groups can either be created solely in the cloud or you can leverage existing groups that have been synced in from your on-premises Active Directory.
- Self-service password reset – Azure has always provided self-service password reset for directory administrators. With Azure Active Directory Premium, you can now further reduce help desk calls whenever your users forget their password by giving all users in your directory the capability to reset their password using the same sign in experience they have for Office 365.
- Self-service group management – Azure Active Directory Premium simplifies day-to-day administration of groups by enabling users to create groups, request access to other groups, delegate group ownership so others can approve requests and maintain their group’s memberships.
- Advanced security reports and alerts – Monitor and protect access to your cloud applications by viewing detailed logs showing more advanced anomalies and inconsistent access pattern reports. Advanced reports are machine learning-based and can help you gain new insights to improve access security and respond to potential threats.
- Multi-Factor Authentication – Multi-Factor Authentication is now included with Premium and can help you to secure access to Azure, Microsoft Online Services like Office 365 and Dynamics CRM Online, and over 1200 Non-MS Cloud services preintegrated with Azure AD. Simply enable Multi-Factor Authentication for Azure AD identities, and users will be prompted to set up additional verification the next time they sign in.
- Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) – Premium comes with the option to grant rights to use a FIM server (and CALs) in your on-premises network to support any combination of Hybrid Identity solutions. This is a great option if you have a variation of on-premises directories and databases that you want to sync directly to Azure AD. There is no limit on the number of FIM servers you can use, however, FIM CALs are granted based on the allocation of an Azure AD premium user license.
- Enterprise SLA of 99.9% – Guaranteed at least 99.9% availability of the Azure Active Directory Premium service.
What is Azure Active Directory Premium?
Azure Active Directory Premium is a service that provides identity and access management capabilities in the cloud. Visit “What is Azure Active Directory Premium?” to learn more.
For more information about Azure Active Directory Premium and how it can help your company, contact MessageOps at 877-788-1617.